Functional medicine is an integrated, science-based discipline that treats disease and wellness by focusing on the biochemically unique aspects of each patient, It can be used by individual-centered interventions to restore physical, psychological, and structural balance.
Functional medicine is personal health care that acknowledges the relationship between diet, lifestyle, and environment dysfunction and illness. There are so many companies like ihealthi that provide better information about functional medicine in Scottsdale.
Image Source: Google
Why Do We Need Functional Medicine?
- The medical system practiced by most physicians is oriented toward the diagnosis and treatment of acute care, trauma, or illness that is of short duration and requires immediate care, such as appendicitis or a broken leg.
- Doctors utilize specific, prescribed treatments such as medicines or operations that aim to treat an urgent problem or symptom.
- Unfortunately, acute care approaches to medicine lack the appropriate methodology and tools to prevent and treat complex, chronic diseases.
- In most cases, it does not take into account the unique genetic makeup of each individual or factors such as environmental exposure to toxins and aspects of managing lifestyles that have a direct impact on the rise of chronic disease in modern society.
- Creating a huge gap between research and practicing doctors. The gap between developing research in basic sciences and integration into medical practice is huge – as long as fifty years – particularly in the field of complex, chronic disease.
- Our society is experiencing a sharp increase in the number of people suffering from complex, chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.